Laser hair removal is basically a simple process with a short recovery time where you can return to your normal activities after the treatment. However if the right care if not taken, there are chances of some complications and discomfort after the treatment.
By following these steps, there will be no complications after your laser hair removal treatment.
1) It is normal for your skin to get slightly red and swollen, puffy and even irritated like sunburn, especially in the hair follicle regions. This sensation usually disappears within a few hours’ time; however for some people, it may take one or two days for their skin to return to normal.
2) If you find this uncomfortable, use some cold compresses like ice or a soft cloth soaked in ice water to soothe the area. Any blistering in the treated region should be treated by the laser treatment facility immediately, and discuss any further treatment it may require.
3) Application of moisturizing creams help in the recovery of the skin of treated areas. As there are various types of moisturizing creams available, get a prescription for the best cream to use for your purpose. No point using any antibacterial cream as it only dries the treated skin area.
4) Maintain the health of your skin in between laser treatments with perhaps a daily moisturizer. By ensuring your skin remains healthy and supple in between treatments, you are assured optimum results after hair removal.
5) Avoid shaving the treated area for a few days after laser treatments. You can resume shaving perhaps after four days’ time. However bleaching, tweezing, waxing and plucking are not at all advisable during laser hair removal sessions.
6) Use a gentle cleanser to clean the treated area as strong soaps may only dry the skin. Don’t worry if there is any shedding of hair in the treated area after a few days’ time as it is a normal part of the treatment and recovery process of laser hair removal process.
7) It is very important that you don’t expose the treated region to sunlight after treatment as even a small amount of exposure causes skin irritation and burning. Moreover, skin darkening because of sun exposure reduces the effectiveness of your follow-up treatment. If your skin will get exposed to sunlight after the treatment, be liberal in applying sun screen with an SPF of 30 or higher on the treated regions.
It is better to visit your practitioner in a week or so after the laser hair removal treatment so that they can see how your skin and hair reacts to the treatment. Do discuss any doubts and problems you have so that you and your practitioner can solve and treat it.