Transport disabilities in adapted vehicles is not considered in France as a “health” transport the meaning of our legislation. However, the specific knowledge it generates and it implies seem to be modeled on the ambulance missions. Moreover, more and more ambulance services (both public and private) offer this type of transport, each with different objectives:
– The public tends to a more fluid control applications transport sticking closer to the needs and abilities of patients.
– The private offering its customers with disabilities an opportunity for personal travel that often lack.
All hospitals already equipped with transport vehicles for disabled applications see progress every year. The difficulty caused by the restriction of the approval ambulance is largely offset by the adjustment cost much less than an ambulance and qualitatively complete range of modes of transport service.
The tool used: The wheelchair. What ambulance could say it has never moved, pushed, folded, loaded? … But how many can say they have paramedics specific training to its
Each year, more and more paramedics follow with great interest courses such as CERAH (see chapter “wheelchairs”) or some automakers but it is still too marginal, perhaps for lack of information. We hope to remedy a bit then think to say that you specified when you make training in these organizations,
thank you in advance!
I followed the most talked about training (Including under other headings) and information provided are controlled better but one thing is for sure, all these formations have made me a lot in my practice everyday and I remains convinced that it is essential for the trade ambulance to be constantly changing through continuing education.
Top of page
– Decree No. 87-242 of 7 April 1987 relating to private services non-urban road passenger transport (OJ of 08/04/87).
– Circular of 18 March 1981 on specially equipped vehicles for the transport of disabled persons in wheelchairs.
– Circular No. 88-34 of 12 April 1988 (OJ of 04/30/88) amending the circular of 18.3.81 on specially equipped to transport disabled wheelchair vehicles.
– EU Directives 91/671: port belts Equipment for lower vehicles 3.5 T
and 96/37 seats and belts.
– Fact Sheet DGS/SQ2 Sheet 3 D (Update 24 January 1997)
– Order of 21 March 2002 on the nomenclature and rates of Title IV of the list of reimbursable products and services referred to in Article L.165-1 of the Code of Social Security (BOE 31/03/02).
– Technical specifications of vehicles for the Physically Disabled (Title IV of the list of reimbursable products and services)
– Directive 93/42/EEC concerning medical devices.
Top of page
Extract Annex P.3 / 4 circular 04/12/88
2. Stability of wheelchairs.
2.1 The docking device wheelchairs must ensure the stability of a chair weighted with a mass of 150 Kg (Ballast substantially occupying the passenger seat) when the vehicle is launched at a speed of at least 50 kilometers per hour is subjected to a deceleration greater than or equal to 5 m/s2.
2.2 The command for locking and unlocking the securing device must be red and its mode of action should be clearly indicated in the order itself or nearby, to facilitate the evacuation of a wheelchair third emergency.
2.3 The control of securing device must be designed to reduce the risk of misuse. This means in particular that it should not be left in semi-closed position.
Top of page
Persons concerned and Settings
* Person in temporary or permanent disability.
* Person in wheelchair unable to move.
* Person in wheelchair can be transferred.
* Person with reduced mobility.
* Elderly person.
* Number of persons transported simultaneously.
* Number of people in wheelchairs.
* Access to vehicle mode.
* Fixing wheelchairs.
* Maintenance of wheelchair and companion seat.
* Modularity inside vehicles and locations.
* Useful dimensions of vehicles.
* Battery life of disabled persons.
* Comfort acoustic, thermal and visual.
* Passenger Comfort.
* Public transport: – Bus and Minibus
– Cars and Minibuses
– Module type VASP body HANDICAP
– Vans HANDICAP body type VASP
* Individual Transport: – I.V.
– Cars —> MPV
– Combi Microbus …